It's been a while since Chams and I really got in the kitchen and cooked together, which is sad because that's our favorite thing to do. On Friday, I waited on him to get home from work so we could go to the grocery together for our night in. While I was waiting I, as promised, attacked the camellia bush and got these for our table...
So fresh and pretty!
We had a a great time in the kitchen together, listening to our "easy listening" playlist and cooking up a storm...
Chams was responsible for the steaks (amazing) and the shrimp (amazing), and I took charge of the twice-baked potatoes and steamed green beans. I just love a good meal in with my sweetie!
Good thing we had a wonderful date night on Friday night, because we were up and at em' on Saturday with painting clothes, and faces on.
Before going into the rainy weekend, I did a little research. Apparently painting while it's raining outside is not a problem as long as you have "adequate" ventilation. Seeing that the Ranch's windows are all painted shut, "adequate" ventilation is a problem. We painted anyway.
I have to admit, it was pretty painful. There are certain things couples don't do well together. Don't get me wrong...we make a great team, but while we can cook together, laugh and joke together, travel together, etc., we're not the best painters together. Especially in confined spaces and, as I have mentioned before, especially since my Chams dislikes, and avoids painting.
10 minutes into painting, Chams and I were frustrated. He wanted to roll, and I wanted him painting with a brush. 15 minutes into it, we were saying our sorries and trying to press forward.
He was such a trooper and stuck with me...and the cabinet. 3 coats of primer later, we were both exhausted and loopy from too much white, and a looming cloud of paint vapors. Ventilation would've been nice, after all.
Even though it's just primed, it looks worlds different. I feel like we're finally in the home stretch. Now, if we can just get focused and prime the doors, and put a couple of coats of paint on it, it will be project corner cabinet complete! Oh happy day!!!
During one of our paint-drying breaks, we even got a chance to clean out our closets and drawers. We gathered a garbage bag full of things and took them to the Lovelady Thrift on our way to celebrate a very special boy's birthday...
Happy Birthday to my Brew!! He's one special guy to me, and I hope this year is his best yet! Oh, and thanks to him for introducing the family to Vietnamese food. Very very delicious. An excellent choice for birthday dinner!!!
Good food, good tunes, good painting and good celebrations...great weekend!!







MEG, it looks great! I can envision the piece in a sweet babies room already! I'm sure you two loopy after the painting was too much! Ha, P& I will have to share our story of remodeling his parents guest bedroom one day! WOW...is all I can say & thank God for his Grace!!
ReplyDeleteOh, and invite please for din din! :)