Chams and I had a wonderful anniversary weekend together. To start it off, I received these at work:
What is it about flowers that go directly to a girl's heart...and more specifically, flowers at work?? It just made my day and definitely started the weekend out on the right foot!
Friday night and all day on Saturday, we attended Church of the Highland's marriage conference. What a better way to spend our first anniversary than at a marriage conference, right? It was amazing. We had the privilege of hearing Jimmy Evans of Marriage Today and Joe McGee. Both were great speakers, full of helpful tidbits about marriage. Between Chams and I, we probably have 15 pages of notes. I learned so much that I had to go home and take a nap afterwards.
After the conference, and a quick nap, we celebrated our anniversary at Highlands Bar and Grill.
One word: delightful. We reviewed what we learned at the conference over lamb and redfish, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. They even served us our wedding cake, which was surprisingly delicious after a year in the freezer! It was such a wonderful place to celebrate our first year of marriage bliss.
On Sunday, it was our routine as usual. We had small group at our house and had these tasty treats (recipe: thanks to Liz!!):
BLT Bites
1 cup shredded swiss cheese
1 can rotel tomatoes, drained
1/2 cup mayo
1 tablespoon dried basil
8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
2 packages of Athens Phyllo cups (one recipe of mix makes 30 cups)
Mix all ingredients together and fill phyllo cups. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until lightly brown and bubbly.
So delicious and so easy!!!
It was a wonderful anniversary weekend learning about marriage, and eating great food! I have to say, the bar is set pretty high for anniversaries to come.
On a similar but different note, I was driving to work this morning and thought about where I was and what I was doing one year ago today: in the Dominican Republic, sitting by the pool with my sweet, new husband soaking in some sun while he attempted to get his "base burn"....which turned into a major lobster burn which resulted in ice cold baths and major swelling. Good times and great memories...




No comments:
Post a Comment