I know..shocking, isn't it? I thought this day would never come. It's been such a long, and at times painful...very painful road, but the corner cabinet is finally complete!!! (Que Hallelujah chorus) I think I might need to throw myself (and Chams) a party!
I'm thrilled with the outcome! It's by no means perfect, though. It's beautiful to me despite its flaws. I am somewhat weary of the little touch-ups that need to happen for it to really look complete. Note to all you future painters: score the tape on the windows/glass before tearing the tape off. If not, some of the paint will come off the cabinet and expose wood. Chams filled me in on this tip AFTER I had already taken half of the tape off the first door. I'll be going back over the doors with a small paint brush to fill in some of the exposed spots. Not anytime soon though...
Before:
After:
I look at this thing now and can only think of all the work it took to get it this way. Maybe one day I can truly enjoy it.
Chams and I worked until 11:00 last night trying to finish the cabinet and move the guest room around. The room is so nice and spacious now that the dresser and mirror have made a trip to the Jimmy Mission Thrift.
Tuesday night we got together over at our friends, the Kennedy's, house for a grillout to meet my cousin, LB's, new boyfriend. It's taken a solid six months to meet him, sadly.
LB, Katie, Will and Me!
We had such a great time spending time with everyone, especially little Will. He's just the cutest thing!
We didn't get home until 11:00 Tuesday night either, and for those of you who know me well, I shut down around 10:00. I'm running on fumes and am thankful for an upcoming weekend to sleep in...and think about something other than the corner cabinet!
I hope you all have had a wonderful week! Happy Thursday!





No comments:
Post a Comment