10.20.2010

birthdays & babies...

Last weekend, there were two great reasons to celebrate:  a birthday and a baby! 

On Friday night, we celebrated our good friend Lauren's 30th birthday at a surprise dinner with several of her closest friends! 

  Lauren & Russell

Russell worked really hard to make sure everything came together.  It was perfect...she was SO surprised!  

Olexa's cake...yum!


We just love Russell and Lauren and had so much fun celebrating such a special day with them! 
 
While they spent the night away, John David and I got to watch their precious little girl.

Taylor eating her pancakes for breakfast

Talk about a cutie!!  We had so much fun with her...especially John David.


It never ceases to amaze me how good he is with children.  After playing with Taylor, I'm pretty sure he's way better at playing with children than I am. 

Sunday, there was a baby to celebrate.  Tarayn and I, along with her sister and college friend, threw  Adrienne a baby shower  for the upcoming arrival of baby Charlotte!  It was precious!  There's just something about a little girl...all the bows and ruffles are so fun!



We had Olexa's cake, yet again.  Dangerous. 



What a great weekend celebrating birthdays and babies!  I just love a good party, especially when there's yummy cake involved!

2 comments:

  1. Taylor is a cutie patootie! Watch out with those babies. Ha! JD looked like he was having fun!

    Great pic of everyone from the shower! What a blessing! And yes Olexa's = VERY DANGEROUS for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures and THANK YOU again for helping pull things together for Russell and watching Taylor so that we could spend a night alone! It was a great birthday! We are lucky to have such great friends!

    ReplyDelete