My love for pumpkin has come later in life. I can't remember having anything with pumpkin in it until I was 20+ years old. I don't think pumpkin was even on my radar until I experienced a Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks. Ahhhh...delicious.
As you all know, I've had a serious itch to make something (or several things) with pumpkin. For my first recipe I didn't want to get in over my head, and this past Saturday I didn't necessarily have a ton of time on my hands, so I tried something quick and easy I found here on Fly Through Our Window. It's a precious blog, full of beautiful ideas and photos.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
1 pkg. chocolate chip muffin mix (just add water)
1/4 c. pumpkin
2 tsp. cinnamon
Glaze:
1/3 c. sugar
1 T milk
dash of cinnamon
Prepare the muffin mix with 3-4 tablespoons less water than it calls for on the package. Mix in pumpkin and cinnamon. Bake in a mini-muffin tin (at temperature on pkg) until lightly brown, around 15-18 minutes.
Mix glaze ingredients over med-low heat until sugar is dissolved. Drizzle over hot muffins. Enjoy!
Talk about easy and delicious...and did I mention cheap? Don't let these little guys fool you, they are packed full of flavor. The chocolate and pumpkin make a perfect match! Somehow, making one package just isn't enough.
Pumpkin recipe #1 was a success...now, what to make for the second one?!?

No comments:
Post a Comment