10.06.2010

Fall, it's everywhere...

You can't help but notice that Fall is finally here.  It's absolutely everywhere...in stores, magazines and most noticeably, in the air.  It's a wonderful time of year, and is so refreshing after an Alabama summer scorcher.  I love the Fall colors and love layering up for chillier temperatures.  

After seeing all the pretty colors and decorations in the stores, I decided we might just need a few Fall items at the Chambless Ranch.  Receiving this month's Pottery Barn magazine pushed me over the edge.  It's a good thing I have a job to distract me, because otherwise I'd have one Fall-festive house! 

I just love this wreath: 


Call me crazy, but with a little hot glue and some faux leaves, I could make this myself.  What I love is that I could enjoy it for several months...well, until it's time to replace it with something Christmasy.

I also love this look for the table:


We've got plenty of antlers laying around, and how pretty on a table with some candles scattered about?!? 

Lastly (and I think this might be my favorite):


Isn't it just delightful with all the pretty colors?  I've never really known what you're supposed to do with the Indian corn at the grocery store, but this just might be the perfect option.

So...until I can get my craft-on, these few touches will have to do: 


I found this wreath at TJ Maxx and couldn't resist.  It's simple, yet just the right touch of Fall for the front door.



I picked this little bunch up from Walmart, and it's not that bad for faux flowers.  There are a few little pine cones in the arrangement which I just love.  Very festive. 

Yay for Fall!!!  I'm starting to think that October might just be one of my most favorite months...outside of February (wedding anniversary), April (birthday!) and June (my Cham's birthday), of course. 

*first 3 photos via Pottery Barn*

No comments:

Post a Comment