5.19.2010

you and me going fishin in the dark...

Lately, John David has been in need of some "boy things" to do.  I guess it has to do with married life and doing a lot of things together that aren't necessarily meeting his boy needs.  He's been talking about golf and fishing for a good two weeks.  While I love him being at home, I totally understand his desire to get outside and do something he loves. 

He had big plans this week to go fishing one afternoon and then again on Saturday morning with one of our great friends.  Last minute he had to cancel, so guess who got the invite...yours truly!  I love going to the lake and don't mind fishing some, as long as I'm catching something.  This trip Puddin got to come along...and oh did she love it!


I've had huge success in the past fishing with a worm, but John David has encouraged me to graduate to bass fishing.  I'm not very patient, so it's somewhat of a struggle for me.  I needed a quick overview last night as soon as we got in the boat and look what happened...


He caught my fish!!!  Unbelievable!  I didn't catch one the rest of the night...but did enjoy being out on the water and spending time with him and Puddin.  Here are some more pictures from our outing.

John David's other big catch...a nice limb!!!



Fish or no fish, it was a great fishing date night!!!

On another note, I came home to a nice surprise this week:


I was elated!  I didn't expect to see any type of bloom until this time next year.  My green thumb confidence is through the roof!  I always figured hydrangeas for high-maintenance flowers, but they're really not.  They droop when they want more water, and immediately come back to life.   If only Bon-ball would show some sign of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment