5.07.2010

attack of the ants

So...we've been noticing a few ants here and there around the house lately.  I'm not a huge fan of critters, but have been known to get brave and go on attack.  Ants, not so much.  They hurt and are relentless.  Usually, their little congo line never ceases to stop.  Just the thought of them gives me the heebs.  I can just picture me sound asleep and them crawling all over me.

On Wednesday, one followed me to work.  I was having a nice day, when I got bit.  The little thing must've caught a ride with me to the office.  It immediately started stinging and sent me on a cleaning frenzy.  I don't know that my desk has ever been so clean.  The debris that winds up in your keyboard is just disgusting. 

Wednesday night, John David and I were enjoying a nice night on the couch when I spotted the little things coming in the living room window.  There was a pile of them where they decided to make their selves right at home.  After taking inventory of the house and seeing my panic, John David so nicely offered a trip to WalMart for some ant spray.  Oh the joys of a wife. 

They're gone, but I'm not so naive to think they won't be back.  I'm hoping the spray stuff does the trick.  If not, we might have to take stronger measures.  There's just not enough room at the ranch for all of us.


Dad, Sarah, Matthew and Mom at my graduation in 2005

On a different note, tomorrow we're off to Tuscaloosa to see Matthew graduate.  It's a great feeling to be back at the Alma mater, but I'm always thankful those years are over.  Both siblings graduates of UA...my parents are proud to say the least.  Roll Tide, and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. after reading this post I am now itching all over!!!

    ReplyDelete