5.26.2010

day three, before and afters...

Day 3...on to some different parts of the house.  First, we'll go down the hallway...

Hallway - Before

Wow...what is going on with that door frame?!?  I can't tell if that's the door or part of the trim.  Well, it looks much different now...

Hallway - After

Much, much better if i do say so myself.  You can't really tell from the pictures, but there was a space to the left where the return was.  John David closed it off and eventually it will be a nice lighted shelf.  I have a great pantry to the right, which makes for some extra and much needed room in the kitchen. 

In the distance, you'll see a duck underneath the side table.  You're not just seeing things...I really did allow this one to stay in the common area.  I happen to like him...he's a wood duck and very colorful.  There are also some deer antlers in the living room that I'm using for decoration.  I saw it in Pottery Barn, and if they can do it, we can too! Other than that, the animal stuff belongs in the Man Room/Study, where we go to next...

Man-Room - Before

Man-Room - After

This room really looks different. (I find myself saying that about every room...but they all look so different!!)  Nothing that a good coat of won't fix!  John David loves having a room to put all of his hunting memorabilia in that also doubles as a place to work.

In closing, a hydrangea update...


I think she's going to be light pink.  I couldn't be happier.  We now have a bloom on all 3 hydrangeas.  I think they're really adjusting well to life at the Chambless Ranch!

No comments:

Post a Comment