Whew! What a weekend!!! Have you ever had one of those weekends that after it was over, you felt like you needed another one just to recuperate from it? Well, we had one of those weekends! It was a good one, but exhausting.
Friday, I came home from a CE Course for my license to clean up for the weekend visitors. John David worked outside mowing the grass and straightening up. I asked him to show me how to push mow, and I ended up mowing the whole back yard!! I'm going to regret asking that one day, I just know. We were famished and whipped up some shrimp po-boys and sweet potato fries...so yummy!!
Saturday, my sweet husband let me sleep in while he changed the oil in his truck and finished some things outside. Then, we got ready and headed to Tuscaloosa around 11:30 for Matthew's graduation. It was packed in the coliseum! Thank goodness Sarah saved us seats, or we'd have been in the nose bleed section!! I've said it before...we're so proud of Matthew. It's such a huge accomplishment.
John David, me, Sarah, the Doc, Mom and Dad
Doesn't he look so smart and professional?? I've always loved having a big brother...well, always might be a step out. He used to pick on me when I was little. For example, he used to pick me up from middle school with the windows down and bluegrass music blaring. Very embarrassing for a teenage girl...but later in life, I've really looked up to him. Somehow, I always knew he'd take care of me.
Anyways, Saturday night we went to the Club in Birmingham to celebrate. What a great place! The view is spectacular. We had a nice celebration meal and ate until we were miserable.
The Newlyweds!
We had a wonderful day yesterday celebrating Mother's Day with mom. I could go on and on about my her...she's just the best thing ever. She's always had just the best heart and is so giving and selfless. I want to be more like her. She just doesn't have a bad bone in her body. She's been a blessing to me, and is truly one of my greatest friends. I love you, mom. Thank you for always being an awesome Christian example for me and having a God-centered marriage that inspires and encourages me to do the same. You're the best!!




No comments:
Post a Comment