I don't know about you, but we absolutely loved having a long weekend to work around the ranch, and to think about the wonderful sacrifice that was made for us by our sweet Jesus.
Friday, I can't really remember what we I did all day. I know we both were busy outside...Chams started digging the flower bed to round it around the side of the house, and also laid out a garden spot, and my parents came into town that night...but other than that, I'm just not sure.
Saturday was a huge day for the ranch. Chams hitched the trailer to his truck first thing, and we were off to Cahaba Heights for some dirt to fill up our garden. (sidenote: is it just me or is a little crazy that you have to pay for dirt...I mean, it's dirt?!?)
Even I got a rake and helped unload it. I might not have muscles, but this girl can rake! We packed it all down and evened it out, getting it ready for some veggies! This is the point in the garden process where Chams asks: "Was having a garden my idea, or yours?"...it was definitely his. I still have very clear memories of my parents and all the sweat and hard work a garden requires. Good thing it's a small guy, is all I can say.
After talking to the professionals (mom and dad), we were off to the Depot to gather the plants. Who knew there were so many types of tomatoes? Good thing the Depot girl knew what she was doing and could direct us!
With veggie plants in tow, we headed back to the ranch, where I got to planting while Chams worked on the flower bed project...
Puddin would like to help share what we planted....
It's a small little garden, but we packed it full. Chams adores a tomato, so they were dedicated a full row. I think my favorite is the squash. It seems that every time we head to the grocery, we're buying squash...so it'll be nice to run to the backyard to get it for a change! Let's just hope the harvest is plentiful.
From the garden, I moved on over to the flower bed where Chams was working. Bon and Steve had brought down a few plants for us when they came down on Friday. (you know Bon has a great green thumb).
I planted some ground cover they brought along the side of the house...
Mom has it growing all over her flower beds at home, and it has precious little blue flowers...which I just love.
Also, in their bucket of goodies, they brought (brace yourselves)...
Yes, that's Bon Ball number 2. The first one didn't make it, so we're going for another one. She doesn't look great at the moment, but I have high hopes. We stuck 2 Miracle Grow sticks in her, and I'm watching her carefully. Cross your fingers and wait for updates!
So, as you can see, there are several things growing around the ranch these days. With all the bad weather and rain, I just hope they don't wash away!







I love your garden!! I was trying to talk P into building us one! I may have to wait but it looks like you can share! :) I really need a date soon!
ReplyDelete