It's no secret that I LOVE a birthday. I think everyone deserves to feel super special on their day...and boy did I on the day I turned 28.
From the girl's morning session in the kitchen, I walked back to my desk to find this...
My great friend Liz sure knows how to spoil a girl. Have I mentioned that I love flowers? She has perfect little specs that remind me of freckles. She's perfect. Liz made me feel so loved at the start of my day.
That afternoon, Chams brought one of my favorites to work...
Cookie cake! You know those 5 lbs I gained from Charleston....yeah, they're staying on until that cake leaves the ranch.
I treated myself to a nice pedi before heading home to my sweet Chams, who was slaving away in the kitchen. I pulled up to the ranch to find this:
That's right...numbered balloons. Isn't Chams clever?? I've seen these for children's birthdays, but not for a grown woman. What a riot!
Chams had asked what I wanted to do to celebrate my birthday, and since my parents were coming down the next night to take me to one of my favorite places, I opted for a quiet night in with Chams cooking my favorite meal: salmon, asparagus and sweet potatoes, with another piece of cookie cake for dessert, of course!
It was so nice getting to relax while dinner was being cooked. Chams did some research and found two scrumptious salmon recipes. They were both fabulous, but one was super packed with flavor. There's no doubt Chams can cook, and he didn't disappoint with my favorites!
He even cleaned up the kitchen after we ate which, to me, is the worst part...the huge mess that remains.
For my birthday surprise, Chams (who may or may not've had some guidance) gave me a wonderful jewelry piece to hopefully organize some of the jewelry madness...
Image via Pottery Barn
It was an absolutely wonderful birthday dinner and night with my sweetie. For someone who's not a big birthday-er, he really treated me like the birthday princess I've always hoped to be!
Friday night, my parents came into town and we celebrated at one of my favorites...
Overlook the water spot on the menu. Yes, it's the burger. I just can't get enough of the Fonfon Burger and Pomme Frittes. This is where I'd like to say why...but there are no words.
So, needless to say, turning 28 wasn't so bad after all! Celebrations can always over shadow the additional year gained!








You picked a good one! Hope Chez FonFon was all it can be!
ReplyDelete