This past weekend turned into an unforeseen planting fest at the Chambless Ranch!
Our trip to Home Depot started out as just one to get miracle grow (our azaleas have seen better days), a new, and long overdue, garbage can and pine straw for the front and back flower beds...but somehow on the way over, I got a bee in my bonnet about planting some new flowers. Chams was sweet enough to oblidge. We knew we wanted several new additions at the ranch, but our buggy was full in the first 5 minutes. What can I say...my love of flowers runs deep.
Aren't they (there are two) just precious? I just love daisies...they're such a happy flower. They are perfect right in front of the blooming-any-day hydrangeas.
It's hard to tell from the picture, but these are some kind of flowering vine, or atleast I hope they have some sort of flower. Chams wants to put a grid on the brick wall and have them climb it. That could be interesting...
These little petunias looked pretty, and I thought the coral would be fabulous with our purple salvia and yellow knock out roses. It needed something a little different to discount the LSU colored flowers!
The 2 corals came in a pack with 4 other purple petunias, which were perfect for the azalea flower bed, and a steal of a deal.
Finally, and most excitingly, a peony! I'm beyond thrilled. They are my absolute favorite, and bonus, this one came with 3 small buds. I'm so anxious for her to bloom! I begged JD for her and told him that if I could have her, she'd be considered my birthday flowers!!! Major score for Meg!
To add to the weekend excitement, we had a wonderful, furry guest at the ranch for the weekend. Little Lucy (or Lulu as I call her) came over to our house to stay with us while her mom (my great friend Liz) was home in Mississippi. We absolutely loved having her, and Puddin loved having a new friend spend the night with her.
Isn't she precious?? And talk about some personality. She's got one...plus a little puppy left in her. I like to say she's in the awkward teenage years. We quickly found out that Puddin wasn't a good sharer. She's been an only child for far too long.
I now know what it feels like to be a mom of two. At one point I was trying to keep up with Lulu and watch Puddin at the same time. Mayhem.
It was so much fun. We loved having Lulu and hope she can come back and visit soon!
It was a great weekend home at the ranch. We're looking forward to another one this weekend. And since I won't be blogging over the weekend, I'd like to wish everyone a very Happy Easter! What a wonderful time to celebrate the sacrificial gift of salvation (Jesus) given by the wonderful God we serve!! Happy Easter!!!








Will you come plant some flowers in my yard please?? It needs some color and I can't get motivated to get out there and dig in the dirt!
ReplyDeleteGo Chams!!! I LOVE the idea of the vines growing up the brick. It looks too cute! Hope you and your fams have a great Easter Weekend! Enjoy! love you!
ReplyDelete