I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!! We did! As the yearly tradition holds, we made the trip to Louisiana for the 2010 Chambless Reunion. It was a wonderful weekend filled with good food and some much needed relaxation. There's really no other choice on the Chambless farm.
We rode down with Joseph, John David's oldest brother, and his family. It made for a wonderful time, catching up and enjoying the ride. Once we got there, the food and competitions were endless. I have a new found love for a good game of Scrabble. I'm no champion, but with a little more practice it could be a possibility.
We had somewhat of a scare mid-day Saturday. A few of John David's cousins were out checking on some hunting land when they came across a rattlesnake. They killed it and brought it back to the farm. Talk about terrifying. I just knew I'd dream about that thing.
Adam, Jonathan and Papa
That night, we had a fish fry. It was fabulous to say the least. John David and his dad were in charge of the fried goodness...and I must say, they did a great job.
Sunday, we had the baby shower for the three newest soon-to-be additions to the family. The little girls decorated the cupcakes while everyone got ready. It was such a great time hanging out with the Chambless women. They got so many great things!
Mary Grace (niece) and Hannah
The expectant mommies
Speaking of babies...we got an email early Saturday morning that my great friend Ashley was having her baby. I was crushed because I had planned on being there when she arrived...it just wasn't meant to be. Ashley was scheduled to be induced today, but Laney had other plans. She was born at 5:24 on Saturday morning and is a healthy and happy baby girl. I couldn't wait to see her, so we went last night after coming in from Louisiana.
Laney is so tiny and such a good baby. She's so blessed to have such wonderful parents. We just love love love Ashley and James!
What a weekend! Now, back to reality and life at 129...


Laney is PRESH!! You look good holding her. :)
ReplyDelete