6.14.2010

a weekend at pumpkin hollow...

John David's boss was so generous to lend us his lake house this past weekend for some time away with friends.  It's a short drive from home, right outside of Sterrett (wherever that is), and is very serene and quiet...a perfect place to get away.  We have looked forward to this past weekend for some time now. 


We desperately needed a weekend to do nothing and enjoy the great outdoors, and Russell and Lauren were just the couple to join us!  We had a great time cooking, fishing, and getting some much needed sun!! 

Fish Release!!

With a little warming-up to worms and fish, I'm quite the fisher-woman.  I was having to show the boys how brim fishing is done! We caught thousands of little brim, and saved some of the bigger ones to fry before we left on Sunday!  Very tasty!! 

Lauren - also a pro fisher-woman!

Russell - not so much, but nice pool! ha!

It was sweltering hot, so the boys got brave enough to take a dip in the lake.  Lauren and I are not huge fans of lake water, so we let them at it alone...
Cannonball!!!!


Don't let those smiles fool you...it didn't last long.  Five minutes into their dip, John David got "bit" by a fish.  You should've seen their faces.  Funny doesn't even begin to describe the two boys swimming for dear life back to the dock.


Oh, and I can't help but mention another huge part of the weekend...


Sweet Taylor, Russell and Lauren's little girl.  She is just precious and was so fun and entertaining all weekend! 

We had a wonderful weekend with the Wells family!  It couldn't have been more fun or relaxing!  It was sad to head home yesterday, but we were so excited to come home to a cool house....


Or not!!!!  Yes, that thermostat says 91 degrees.  We were welcomed home by a broken air conditioner.  Talk about miserable.  We quickly got back out of the house and made a trip to Wal-Mart and Tazikis for some dinner, but heading back to the ranch was inevitable. 

Through sweat and tears (well, almost tears), we made it through the night and are on the service list for tomorrow morning.  Nothing will make you more thankful for air conditioning than not having one at all!!! 

5 comments:

  1. Their Taylor is precious but....well i guess i am just VERY partial! :) looks like ya'll had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I know...2 Taylors! Both very precious!!! Excited to see that Morris is growing!!! He'll be a great soccer player!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun and relaxing weekend! I don't blame you. I wouldn't have jumped in the lake either :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Lake! That's funny it's close to Sterrett...that is where all Joseph's mom's family lives and where she grew up! haha. Happy Birthday to your husband today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny, Jenn! I had no clue until we started visiting Pumpkin Hollow! I'm so glad to know someone who knows where it is! It's so peaceful over that way...but so close to Birmingham!!!

    ReplyDelete