6.24.2010

market meal #2...

We have really enjoyed the market finds this week.  Tuesday night, we had eggplant Parmesan with a marinara sauce that is a must try from Jenn.  You can find it here

We put the eggplant in an egg white and buttermilk wash, and then breaded them with a mix of cornmeal, a little flour, salt and pepper.  Then, we fried them in a cast iron skillet.


It didn't take long until they were golden brown.  We served them with some store bought pasta and the marinara sauce. 


It was delightful.  Maybe more of a weekend meal than a weekday one, but great nonetheless!

Tonight is shopping night for me.  I am beside myself.  The one thing that I haven't quite gotten use to in married life is the Chambless budget, which prevents me from shopping on a weekly/bi-weekly basis as I did in my single days (don't get the wrong impression...I was shopping for deals, and spending a little each week or every other week).  It's taken a lot of painful adjustment.  I have a hard-core budget husband, so shopping is a reward for me these days....and tonight's the night!  Just thought I'd share my excitement!


5 comments:

  1. Yummy...that looks delish! We need a special Chambless dinner soon. :) Yay for shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! We definitely need a Comer/Chambless Dinner night soon!!! We'd love it...and have the perfect dish to cook for yall!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so good! I have never had eggplant before though. What does it taste like?? I'm glad the tomato sauce worked out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It tastes like a mild zucchini...so delicious! Especially with your yummy marinara sauce on it :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks and sounds delish! I might have to try it! Hope your shopping trip went well!

    ReplyDelete