6.29.2010

yet, another trip to the lake...

What did we do this past weekend??  Yep, you guessed it...went to the lake.  No shocker there!  It's becoming a weekend tradition these days.  Not that I don't love getting some sun and watching my sweet husband fish, it's just comical how many times we've gone to a lake already this summer! 

This past weekend, we had a wedding to go to in Prattville for one of John David's high school friends, so we pulled the boat and went to Lake Mitchell.   I'm sure there are some extremely nice sections of this lake, in fact I told John David it'd be a perfect lake to have a cabin on, but we happen to let the boat in at the public beach.  I wish I could put into words the scenery there.  You can only imagine. 

I quickly got tired of catching nothing, so I sat on the back of the boat and caught some much needed rays.  The numerous lake trips are helping the non-existent summer tan.  John David, however, stuck with it and caught some good ones.  We were (or he was) fishing with brim bait, but he hooked this:


Yep, that's a catfish!!!  Did you know those things talk??  It totally threw me for a loop.  I had no clue.  They sound like a duck.  This one is a gnat compared to another one he caught.  It was a monster!!!

Last night, we experienced one of the many joys of home ownership.  We discovered a leak under our sink on Sunday night, and had to take all of the cleaning supplies out from under it so that the plumber of the house could work on it.  While I was cooking last night (chicken fajita quesadillas...yum!) John David was taking the sink drain apart.  So after we ate and it was time to clean up, guess what....no sink.  For many of you who know me well, I absolutely CANNOT STAND dishes in the sink.  It drives me crazy.  I had to get creative. 


That's the bathtub.  I've heard some people say they've washed dishes in the bathroom when their kitchens were getting renovate, so I thought it'd be a great solution...but let me just say that there's nothing fun about it.  It's extremely awkward. 

Thanks to my plumber husband, we now have a working drain!  Hopefully the days of dishes in the tub are over....at least for a while!!! 




1 comment:

  1. You are too funny! Glad J.D. is a handy man my sink would have been broken for days! :)

    ReplyDelete