4.26.2010

rainy days and mondays...

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and survived the torrential rain on Saturday!  While it was storming, we ran some errands and made French bread pizza.  Very delicious!!


I forgot to mention in my previous birthday post that my very sweet husband made me a delicious birthday meal (sorry honey)...so now's as good a time to mention it as any...

Blackened fish topped with shrimp etoufee and sauteed asparagus

It was very delicious!!  I must say, he's quite the chef as many of you know!!!  I saw how to make the fancy lemon on TV a while back and gave it a run.  I was very impressed at how it turned out! 

Yesterday, the weather was perfect and we worked a little outside finishing up our landscape priorities.  We planted three hydrangeas and put pine straw out on the beds. 


Puddin has really enjoyed us working around the house and more importantly, having a new mom.  She's like my little baby, and has really taken a liking to me.  I wish I could've said as much on the front-end of our relationship!

On another note, since becoming a Mrs., I have had a huge desire to become the best wife ever.  The first week back from the honeymoon, it was overwhelming.  I thought I could be super-wife and have a clean house and the laundry done at all times.  I had somewhat of a meltdown and hired a maid within the first three days.  After a much needed reality check from my good friend Liz, I realized I couldn't do it all and more importantly that John David didn't expect me to.  

I've been reading "The Power of a Praying Wife" and in one chapter it talks about asking for God's help in the everyday chores of being a wife...asking for help keeping the house clean and the laundry done.  That was so refreshing to me, knowing that God could help me in those areas...areas that I never thought to ask for help on!  Since then, I've learned to take things day by day and do a little every afternoon to keep things in order...but most importantly pray that God doubles my efforts.  I'm no expert at this wife-thing, but am going to give it my best shot...and with God's help, I might not be the best wife ever, but I'll be the best wife for John David!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment