4.29.2010

just busy...

If I had to choose one word to fit our lives lately, it's 'busy'.  It seems like every week holds something new and an addition to the ever growing list John David keeps up with.  If I had it my way, we wouldn't be running around crazy.  I'm a low-key kinda gal.  I like lots of down time and no list reminding me of what I have to do.  Oh, did the Lord bless me with a husband completely opposite!!!  


This week, we cleaned house on Tuesday for the weekend events, which includes a small crawfish boil at our house on Friday.  We are so excited.  It's a yearly tradition, and I'm excited to officially be a part this year!!  John David's a great boiler (I guess that's what you'd call it), and we absolutely love having people over and entertaining. 


We did manage to frame the wedding pictures over the weekend.  They just haven't made it on the wall yet, but hopefully will by Friday.  We absolutely love them and couldn't have picked better photographers.  They are the sweetest husband and wife team, Nolen Photography.  My good friend, Maria, was in a wedding that they shot (Jenn - thanks!) and I knew from the pictures, they were for us!  


I also wanted to share the other birthday present I got from John David.  They bring a little color to the living room but were a little smaller than I envisioned.  Now, I'm on the hunt for some larger cream pillow covers to add along with them...and might end up sewing some myself.  Don't be fooled...I'm no pro-sewer, but did take sewing in college, and my mom is an excellent seamstress.  My skills are no doubt rusty, but it's worth a shot!

I don't deal with busyness well, which is no surprise for those who know me well.  I get in a funk that usually can only be helped with a little relaxation, which has been scarce these days.  Hopefully this weekend, there will be a little room for some movie and couch time.  "Let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Gal 6:9.  I don't know that this verse totally fits, but I'm encouraged...

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you loved the Nolens as much as me! They are wonderful and were so much fun to work with. I can totally relate to feeling busy all the time because that's exactly what we are! My to-do list only gets longer and never shorter. Even when I cross one thing off, I end up adding 3 more things! If I feel like this now, how am I going to feel when I have kids? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy is the only way of life that I really know. I thought I was busy before we had Taylor, now that we have her, I can't for the life of me remember what we did before her. Funny how life works that way. To answer your questions...yes God gave you a husband who is opposite. It helps you keep each other on your toes...Healthy relationship. Love the pillows and the frames. Still don't have my wedding pictures framed yet. Next on my never ending list....haha! you can see my list here http://morrisandallison.blogspot.com/2010/03/101-in-1001.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jenn, they were fabulous! I'm so thankful I got to see your pictures before I had to make that decision!! I totally agree...I CANNOT imagine having kids in the mix. They would probably go un-fed and dirty at this point (kidding, but kinda not)! I still can't wait to hear about your new house!!

    Allison, I don't see how you do it...especially with little Morris on the way! I'm going to need some lessons! Ha! I love your list and am very impressed that you're getting through it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Meghan! I am so excited you are a blogger now! I know the feeling about being busy. Spencer and I are the same way right now, and with LBR on the way, it is really going to get crazy. I love the special touches you have done to the house. It looks great! Sorry we are going to be unable to make it to the annual crawfish boil, but hopefully will next year! You guys have fun, and we will have to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete