6.10.2011

10 years...

This weekend is my 10 year high school reunion.  Seriously, where have the years gone?  It seems like yesterday, but then again, so long ago.  

I admit that I don't have many readily-available memories from high school, but when I was looking through pictures to submit, they hit me in the face.  So, to celebrate and reminisce before the big weekend, here are a few high school pictures and some memories for your reading enjoyment...

[Kate C., Emily S., Hollie V., me, Angie C., Jessica P., Laura S.]

This picture was taken on a band trip to San Antonio, TX.  I know what you're thinking...the band...really??  But believe it or not, being in the band was very "cool" when we were in high school.  The majority of us were flag gals.  

[Ashley C., Jessica P., Lauren B., Kate C., Emily S., me, Hollie V., Betsy H., Adrienne S.]

Still on the Texas trip, and at some type of dinner/dance celebration.

[Emily S., me, Anna Marie H., Kate H.]

The high school theater teacher (Ms. Krupko) took a group to London every year, and I got to go on her girls trip as a junior in high school.  Between us, I still can't believe my parents let me go on this thing...not that it was bad, but I was barely driving!  We had a wonderful time, and got to experience Europe at a very young age.  I still remember how much I loved all the sites and architecture.

[Gina L., Kate H., me, Emily S.]

This picture is from the London Hard Rock.  Remember when it was so "cool" (I can't believe I'm using that word more than once) to visit all of the Hard Rock's?  I got a tshirt while we were there and had it well through college.  It was quite the souvenir.

[Jessica P. and me]

This was taken at a concert that a high school group went to.  I couldn't pass this one up...it's been a favorite picture of the past for a long time.  Little tidbit about Jessica and I...we both really liked stars (like in the sky - not in the magazines) in high school.

[back: Natasha D., Beth T., Jenea S., Kate H., Hollie V., Emily S., Ashley M. front: Betsy H., Megan M., Kate C., me, Jessica P.]

This picture is from our senior girl's Christmas Party.  So much fun. 

[Ashley M. and me]

Ashley...still one of my closest friends.  We go way back.  I love her so much, and wish we lived closer so I could see her more often.  She's a riot.  My favorite memory of us from high school is of us driving in her burgundy grand-am, blaring Destiny's Child "Bug a Boo" and singing at the top of our lungs.  The CD eventually got stuck in her player and that ended that...it was probably for the best. 

[Kate H., Natasha D., Megan M., Kate C., Emily S., me]

Sleep over!!!  All of us girls spent the night over at Betsy's (not shown) house before twin day at school.  I still remember being adamant that I sleep on the feather comforter.  I wasn't the best "sleep over" friend, and the cushioned floor ensured I didn't call my parents to come and get me.

[back: me, Kate H., Lauren B., Hollie V., Adrienne S., Jessica P., Natasha D. middle:  Megan M., Jenea S., Ashley M., Betsy H., Emily S. bottom:  Lindsay M., Kate C., Ashley C.]

This is us at twin day.  Aren't we cute?  I think our color coordinated vests came from Wal-Mart. 

What super fun times and memories.  Don't we all look like babies??  I was sharing these with Chams yesterday morning and he said I looked super different back then.  He calls it the "fat face".  Well, whatever it is, maybe I'm aging gracefully.

High school was great, but I don't care to relive it...ever.  I miss some of my friends looking back at these pictures.  Emily S. was my college roommate, and a friend since I was in the second grade.  She took me "under her wing" (as Bon says) when I was the new girl in school.  And then there's Ashley M. Even though we're hours away, we can pick up the phone and catch up right where we left things. 

I'm excited about the weekend!  I think it's going to be a great reunion, and I can't wait to see how people have changed over the past 10 years!  Happy Friday everyone, and hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment