11.01.2012

fall-ing...

I think I probably say it every fall, but this is my favorite time of year.  The leaves are changing colors, the weather is much cooler, and pumpkin spice creamer is officially in grocery stores.

A couple of weekends ago, we started the season off with a bang at a retreat in Georgia with our sweet small groupies.

Dr. Hugh offered up his family farm house for us all to stay in and enjoy the outdoors.  



 The boys hunted while the girls did what girls do best...talk.  


The girls also took a little field trip to a great aunt's old timey grocery store.  It was like stepping back in time...



It's been there since around 1905, and hasn't changed much.  The bottled Coca-cola's were such a treat!



It was great to be with everyone outside of the small group setting, and enjoy each other's company.  Even the dogs got to come! 

Mae & Sae

Over the past couple of weeks,  Chams, jr. has been sporting his fall attire, thanks to his Gran...





And, I think I've probably made these things like 5 times already.  It's overkill, but I love them. 

Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins

Yesterday, for Halloween, Chams, jr. was a farmer.  


He was such a trooper...he loved his cap his Pooh bought for his outfit, and didn't try and rip it off.


Once I had him all dressed and ready, I could've cried.  He reminded me so much of my granddaddy...the fair skin, blue eyes and baseball cap.  Granddaddy Lewis would've been tickled.

Ms. Vette - Chams, jr's favorite teacher!

We had a Halloween party at Chams, jr.'s school just before we headed off to the parade to meet Little B and Ra!



Even Chams made it...just in the nick of time!



We had looked forward to the parade all day, and boy was it fun...but intense.  Lots of beads and candy flying.  Baby B and Chams, jr. had to dodge double bubble several times!



By the end, this little farmer was pooped.


 It had been a busy day, but I think it was a super fun, and successful, first Halloween for the little guy.

As you can see, we've been super enjoying our first fall as parents.  There's something about enjoying the little things in life with a little one.  

Happy Fall, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment