Chams, jr. is growing, growing!
At our 2 week doctor's appointment last week, he weighed 9 lbs 5.5 oz...a whopping 1 lb 4.5 oz more than his birth weight! It goes without saying the boy likes to eat, and is pretty good at it! He also grew 1.75 inches!
Chams had to hold him during the appointment. Call me what you will, but I just couldn't stand to hold him while they "milked" his heel for blood. I would've been a wet spot. At one point I thought I was going to tackle the nurse...5 huge drops of blood from a newby's foot is a hefty request.
Chams, jr. no longer fits into the newborn clothes, and is wearing 3 months...which is a little sad. I thought we at least had a month and a half of the newborn size. Guess not.
Being at home with the little guy is starting to be really fun. Don't get me wrong, the first couple of weeks were great, but we're finally adjusting to the lack of sleep and getting somewhat of a schedule down.
It's incredible the new little things he does each day. Yesterday, at 23 days old, he smiled at me. He's been smiling in his sleep, but not reactive to me. It was a big moment. He also picked his head up way off of my shoulder, and grabbed Ellie the elephant on his play gym.
Just another sign he's growing up...and fast!



Awww...he's growing so fast! So glad we got to see him the other day!
ReplyDelete