3.21.2012

18 days...

It's hard to believe it's already been 18 days since we welcomed our little bundle of joy into the the Chambless family...he'll be 3 weeks old this Saturday!!  


We're officially on our own during the day, just Chams, jr. and me, after Granny Bon and Gammy left after their week-long stays.  They were such a tremendous help...I'm not so sure how I'm going to manage without them, but it's time I give it a whirl.



Chams, jr. has really changed over the past 18 days.  Just a little recap of some milestones...

Day 3 was our first day at home.  We slept surprisingly good for the first night.  It's nice not being interrupted by nurses and doctors at all hours of the night!  

Chams went back to work day 5...it was tough to see him go.  It was so nice having him at home for a while and being a team of three.


Day 6 we had our first explosion event.  We knew it was coming, but it happened so soon.  I got sprayed on twice during the night.  (after a couple of reoccurring events, we finally figured out that Chams, jr. was too big for a newborn size diaper...go figure.)

At one week, we had pictures with Ashley Warren.  Thanks to some great friends, we got to participate in her "share workshop", where Jack and his friend Britt were newborn models!  Pictures of that coming soon!  It was our first journey outside the walls of the Chambless Ranch, which made for one nervous momma. We survived, thankfully.

Day 8, Chams got sprayed on from across the room.  The emergency rag has now gone into place for such incidents!  We also ate red beans and rice for dinner, another catastrophe.  Poor Chams, jr.  

In the middle of the night on day 11/12 the umbilical cord came off.  It was stuck to his gown and looked really gross...but, a nice little belly button was hiding underneath!


Also on day 12 the biggest obstacle of parenthood so far happened.  Chams and I gave Chams, jr. a paci while we were at the doctors office...then again on the way home...then while our friends were visiting that night.  And, well, Chams, jr. forgot how to eat.  It was the worst feeling ever.  Talk about frustration and water works...I felt so responsible and helpless.  After some working and patience (that I don't have), we were back in business later that night.  The whole - no paci for 5-6 weeks - rule is legit.  I will be a rule follower from now on!

So many more things have happened in the last week and a half, it's so hard to recap it all.  So, here's a few pictures of other big happenings...

Big sister, Pud, meeting Chams, jr. for the first time.  Very curious!



Chams, jr.'s first bath

Chams, jr.'s friend baby B comes to visit!

The Chambless Family

3 comments:

  1. so sweet and happy for y'all! i will never forgot the time that steve was changing samuel in the middle of the night and he pooped on his hand 4 times as he was changing the diaper. steve was yelling about it from the nursery and i was just howling and crying laughing so hard. i mean sometimes you just have to laugh at that kind of stuff at 3 in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Megs! So precious, thank you for sharing! I look forward to many more stories! Can't wait to meet sweet Chams Jr!

    ReplyDelete