Two weeks. It's hard to believe d-day is almost here. It's been such a wonderful and easy pregnancy. A gift from above, really. But, I will say, I'm to the point where it's just time. The belly band that was once a lifesaver, can no longer help me fit into my pre-prego clothes...I'm officially waddling...sleep is sweet but frequently interrupted...my feet and hands continue to swell...I'm starting to have sporadic contractions...and this little man feels just huge in this belly. In fact, I get tons of "pity" looks these days. I've even had two people ask me if I'm due "tomorrow". Well no, not quite, but thanks for asking. Really?!?
Since I haven't shown a progress update lately, here we go...
33 Weeks
38 Weeks
So, I guess the pictures speak for themselves as to why I get "pity" looks.
At 36 weeks, we got yet another ultrasound. This time, it was see how Chams, jr. was positioned. As suspected, he was oblique (ie - sideways-down).
No mommy-to-be wants to hear that their little one is oblique. We prayed, worked the exercise ball and researched positions to get him to move. It was one of the longest weeks of my life, but praise the Lord, week 37 came and he had turned. Happy doesn't even begin to describe how I felt. I saw it as a miracle, really.
We also found out that Chams, jr. is quite the chunker already, weighing a strong 6 pounds, 13 ounces and measuring a full week ahead at 36 weeks. At this point, two weeks later, we're looking at an almost 8 pound baby measuring 39 weeks.
Have I mentioned that I'm ready? Eight pounds...I can't think about it.
Chams and I have worked hard, and the nursery is finally finished. He says it's the best room in the house...and I sort of agree. But, rightly so...
It's so peaceful. I hope Chams, jr. loves it as much as we do.
So hopefully the next time I check in, it will be as a mommy to a sweet little boy, and the Chambless Ranch will have a new member. It's bittersweet. I've loved my time with just Chams, and honestly can be pretty selfish with it...but a new chapter is starting, and I already can tell I'm going to love him more (if that's possible) as a daddy to our first born.





Precious nursery! Love the fish pics! It was great running into y'all.Just be prepared you are going to have to endure more nonsense comments. People just can't seem to help themselves. Something about a belly brings out the crazy in others. :) You are glowing! Excited for y'all!
ReplyDeleteYou look great Megs! I absolutely LOVE the nursery!! You guys did a great job and Chams Jr. will love it too! I can't wait to meet him!
ReplyDelete