Thanksgiving is over, which means Chams has finally gained permission to buy Christmas tree cakes at the grocery store, and the Christmas music is on at the Chambless Ranch.
It was the year to travel to Louisiana for Thanksgiving, so we got up early on Wednesday to head south and west, and planned a nice little day of travelling. We first stopped in Ralph (right outside of Tuscaloosa) to visit our dear friends, the Gregg's. It's no secret Chams loves the simple, farming life so just a little visit with the Gregg's is enough to give him the bug for life in the country. Maybe one day...
Then, what would a trip through Mississippi be without a quick visit to Greenwood? It was Chams' idea...he really knows how to get to a girl's heart. It's one of my favorite places...such a great little town. It helps, too, that Greenwood is also home to the duck hole Chams hunts in the winter, so really the best of both worlds!
Of course, we had to stop in for lunch at Delta Bistro. The sweet waitress gave us complimentary bread pudding that was just delightful. (not that I needed bread pudding...how long can I use the excuse that I'm eating for two??)
Afterwards, we visited Turnrow Books for some Christmas gifts, and then walked down the street to the Alluvian to book the upcoming Babymoon. Yes, we'll be back in January for a little R&R, and hunting for Chams.
Good thing I was a happy girl with a full belly, because Chams took us off road to check on the duck hole. I was concerned for our lives. Slipping and sliding on the edge of fields in the Delta with few people around is not my idea of fun. Chams has great off-roading skills, though and we made it through alive, thankfully.
After that, it was on to Louisiana. We had to weave through the backroads of Mississippi and Louisiana and in the last hour of the trip, I almost lost it. Travelling is not ideal for prego girls.
We finally made it and had a wonderful time while we were there at the Chambless Farm. We had such a great time visiting and catching up with everyone...ate way too much...
Watched some football...
And, Papa taught me how to play dominos...
Apparently, it's somewhat of a requirement of being a Chambless. He's the best around...or so I've heard.
It was a wonderful trip full of fun and memories, and thankfully the ride back to Birmingham was a straight shot. I don't know if this girl could've made it through another full day of travel.
And, a quick update on the happenings of the Ranch Nursery...you know that beat up crib box? Well, Chams and I started to assemble the crib, and...
Yes, thank you, FedEx. The crib was scratched and the side panel was bent. Nothing like having to send back the crib you waited over a month and a half for. I'm hoping the replacement is here quickly...Chams, Jr. needs a place to sleep!!
I hope you all had a wonderful Turkey Day, and are enjoying the Christmas season!!









No comments:
Post a Comment