With all the Chamlet hooplah, I almost forgot to share our fun day trip to Atlanta for Pop's 58th birthday! We're all huge Cubs fans, with the exception of Chams (but I have a feeling we'll win him over eventually), and love to make it to a game whenever possible.
Alot of people ask how we became Cubs fans, and all I know is my dad watched them at the beach during the summer when we were little and Harry Caray was still around. It trickled down through him to Matthew. Me and Bon are fans by association...because with Pop, you really don't have a choice.
He and Matthew have taken the fan-ship to a new level. Pop usually takes off opening day to watch them, and there's a variety of phone calls between the two, not to talk about the weather, but the Cubbies. So, it only seemed fitting to celebrate Pop's birthday watching his favorite team.
We popped over to the ATL for the day a few Sundays ago to see them play the Braves. Me, striving to fit into the Cubs fans, went shopping to find a Cubs blue shirt and walked away with one that I thought was pretty close...then I got home and Chams informed me that I had purchased the Braves blue instead. I argued (not surprisingly) that it was close enough, and thought as much until we were in the ballpark. I was wearing the wrong team's colors. Figures.
We had a great time, and to really top things off for our special birthday Pop, the Cubs won! Too bad I looked like I was rooting for the losing team. O well.
And, last but not least, a little Chamlet update. I'm feeling great, and some of the hunger has thankfully subsided! Not that it's 100% gone, just not as intense. My clothes are starting to feel tight, which means a shopping spree in the near future for some comfy duds! I wonder if I could get away with wearing yoga pants to work for a while...just a thought!
I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day holiday! Chams and I enjoyed the long weekend here, watching the game (Roll Tide!) with our dear friends, the Wells, and doing a little furniture shopping for the future Chambless Ranch nursery! More Chamlet updates coming soon!!! Happy Hump Day!
I hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day holiday! Chams and I enjoyed the long weekend here, watching the game (Roll Tide!) with our dear friends, the Wells, and doing a little furniture shopping for the future Chambless Ranch nursery! More Chamlet updates coming soon!!! Happy Hump Day!




No comments:
Post a Comment