9.09.2010

tickled turquoise...

Well, fall is almost here.  While that brings cooler weather and some great football it also means that one dreadful thing is close:  hunting season. 

As many of you know, John David is an avid hunter and I'm not a huge fan.  Our first year of dating, I experienced a horrible January of him being gone almost every weekend, and decided last year I was going to be somewhat more considerate of his hobby.  It didn't really work.  Call me crazy, but I just can't get fired up about him being gone all weekend.  Several girls told me I would welcome hunting season one day, but I'm just not seeing it anytime soon...if ever.

This year, I have an alternate plan.  Meet my new best friend for hunting season:


Isn't she beautiful?  She was a gift from my grandmother who just passed away last month.  My Mam-Maw promised it to me when I took sewing in college. I'm 5+ years rusty on my sewing, but hopefully it'll come back to me once I get started.

Miss. Dial (she's a Dial N Sew) just recently got serviced and oiled up for the busy season ahead.  I have a list going of things I want to work on.  It includes:  a burlap table cloth, 2 large pillow cases for our couches, and 2 euro pillow sham covers for our bed.  Now, to start the search for the perfect fabric.  I think I'll start at King Cotton.  Any other places I should try??

Maybe this hunting season won't be so bad afterall.  I'm tickled turquoise!!!

2 comments:

  1. Meghan,
    I know how you feel about the hunting season. I hate for Morris to be gone and it has gotten harder since we have had kids. However, with that said...I am so greatful that Morris has this special hobby, and how many hobbies provide food for the whole family? Morris usually gets enough meat for a whole year and i am devastated when it is gone. Enjoy your new hobby! i love Mrs. Dial! she is a beauty!! i recently started sewing and i love it. I am not any good but it is fun! sorry for any weird typing errors i am doing this one handed, baby in the other. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try http://www.graylinelinen.com/home/
    for inexpensive linen.

    ReplyDelete