9.14.2010

another checkmark...

Well, kind of.

When John David bought the Chambless Ranch many moons ago, there was an old furnace in the hallway. The house had central heating and air, so it served no purpose at all. He used his noggin and enclosed it to make a lighted shelf unit. John David and his dad installed a recessed light, but the shelf unit never really got completed and the cubby became a catch all.


Before (sorry - iphone pictures)

Last week, John David ordered the glass and TADA!!!



After

Doesn’t it look so much better?? Every time I pass it, I am surprised at how nice it looks. It’s funny what you get used to living with. The iron that once called the cubby home, has now found a new place…and all the books are organized. I even got to unpack some of my books that were still in a box tucked away!

There’s still some caulking and painting to do, so it’ll stay on the list…but I’m super proud of the progress!!

No comments:

Post a Comment