This past weekend, we really made some headway outside at the Chambless Ranch. John David sanded and painted our outdoor furniture, which was a gift from his parents (Thank you Mr. Ritch and Mrs. Rachel!!). It needed a little TLC and a good coat of paint.
It really looks great. Now, to find the perfect cushions for it...a treasure hunt for this weekend!
While John David sanded and painted, I planted a few flowers. First I started with Bon-ball. Sadly, she didn't make it. I had high hopes that she would blossom, but regardless of the love we showed her, she just didn't survive.
In her place, I planted this beautiful butterfly bush. My mom has one and it is so pretty. John David came up with her name, Bon-Fly. It fits perfectly!
Secondly, I planted these two bushes on each side of the sidewalk to the patio.
These remind me of a box-wood, which I'm not a huge fan of...so, I can't get super fired up about them. John David heard they are hearty plants and wanted them, so I'm going along with it. The pictures on the plants did show flowers, so maybe I'll come around.
Things are really starting to come around. I'm so excited about spending more time on the patio in the fall when things cool down some!!






You guys are going to have such a lovely patio to relax on this fall! Everything looks great!
ReplyDelete