1.13.2011

snow day...

To be honest, I've had the "January Blues" lately, which equates to:  Christmas and New Year's holidays are over, and there's not another holiday in sight until Good Friday.  How sad is that?  Bon (my mom) said that the January Blues are typical, because January is such a long (and cold/dreary) month.  I'm glad I'm not the only person experiencing it.  So, all that to say, I was thrilled for a snow day this past Monday!!  It was very, very much needed for this gal! 

Chams and I had a wonderful lunch on Sunday with our good friends James, Ashley and Laney in Chelsea, but headed home early afternoon to get Puddin inside and prepare for the storm.  We had thought ahead and gone to the grocery early on Saturday to beat the rush for milk and bread.  We were set, just waiting for it to hit...and oh, did it.  Around 4:00 the sleet started.  I constantly checked my phone for the word that there would be no work on Monday.  It came around 7:30, and I did a "snow day - no work" dance around the living room, solo. 

We slept in on Monday and prepared a delicious French toast breakfast using leftover sourdough bread we used for bread pudding on Saturday (side note:  the bread pudding was delightful...I forgot to take pictures, but we'll make it again and I'll be sure to share!). 


After a filling breakfast, we decided to take a walk around the neighborhood to check everything out and get a little much needed exercise. 

 
Everything was so quiet, and beautifully covered in white.  On the way back home, the cold really set in.  By the time we made it back to the Chambless Ranch, I could barely feel my legs.  Who knew you needed long-johns in Alabama?? 

The rest of the day was filled with plenty of weather watching, and a nap for me while Chams watched Rudy.  By 4:00, we were pretty stir crazy and pondering what we could do to get out of the house.

We had plans that night to watch the National Championship game (congrats to the Tigers!) with some friends, but the drive to Hoover was treacherous, so we decided to stay at the ranch and eat little smokies and rotel...just me, Chams and Puddin.



Speaking of Puddin, she's loving the cold weather.  It means she gets to come inside while we're there and sleep on her comfy bed.  She spent the entire afternoon on Sunday, and all day on Monday inside with us.  She's a perfect inside dog, but Chams assures me she needs to stay outside.  I'll take what I can get, and having her inside when it's cold will do for now.
 
It was a wonderful day stuck at the ranch.  I could get use to a 4-day work week.  Somehow, it made going to work on Tuesday very enjoyable.  I hope you enjoyed a restful snow day where ever you are! 

No comments:

Post a Comment