I am happy to report that the shade dilemma was short lived...and I didn't even have to shop around!
My faithful and excellent decorator friend, Tarayn saw the post and quickly replied that she saw similar shades to the pricey Ballard Design shades I loved at At Home in Homewood for almost half of the price!
I quickly ran over after work yesterday to take them out on approval (which, sidenote, I didn't know you could do. My other faithful and excellent shopper friend, Liz informed me that you could take things out on approval, just giving your credit card number. Genius!).
Break in talking about the shades...after I had the burlap shades in tow, I headed over to my brother and sister-in-law's house with Baby Bites in hand. Our Sweet Buster Brown passed away yesterday. It's a sad time for the Downs family, especially Matthew and Sarah. He was part of our family and we will miss him very very much. We are all thankful that he isn't suffering any more, and we have wonderful memories of him.
So, after a quick visit with Sarah, I headed back home and immediately tried the shades on. Perfection. I absolutely love the way they look (one, well two less cream accessories - they flank the couch)...and love even more that they were semi-cheap!!!
Lamp Shades Before:
After:
What a nice change! I like that they add warmth to the room and am thrilled with the final result! Chams was a little confused that they were a similar color to the couch, but I think that's what I was going for. Regardless, they are much better than the before!
I hope you have a very happy Friday and a wonderful weekend! We have a fun-filled weekend ahead...some of our good friends are moving from Jackson, MS to Tampa, FL and are stopping through to spend the weekend with us! Can't wait to share it with you next week!





Love the new shades! They really warm up the room :) Also, love the fact you can take them home for approval :)
ReplyDeleteThese look GREAT! I love all the texture!!! Oh, yes....APPROVAL!!!! Saved me hundreds of $$$ when I was on the hunt for drapes and lighting. :) I guess I should have mentioned that helpful tidbit! GO Liz!
ReplyDelete