1.09.2013

ten...

We're two months away from the year mark, and I'm not ready.  Not ready for a one year old.  It makes me incredibly sad to think of how the last ten months have flown by.  I didn't pause to appreciate each moment enough, and now our little guy is not a baby anymore.



At ten months, Chams, jr. is one active little bugger.  He can now pull up and stand, and seems to be especially good at that during naptime.  The solution to that, according to his teachers, is to let him tire out...but that leads to one tired momma after 20 minutes of standing.  He loves to toddle around walking, holding fingers.  Gran seems to thing he'll be walking soon.  That equals dangerous times ahead.

He continues to make new "words" and noises.  Chams taught him how to hum like a car just last night.  He catches on surprisingly quick these days.



The disciplining has started, and I wish I could report that it's going well.  I'd like to keep my dishes in their rightful home in our buffet, but little fingers love to touch and grab at them.  I've enforced the hand spank, which has gone unsuccessful.  Chams, jr. is unfazed.  Problematic, to say the least.

Chams, jr. has got his crawling down pat.  He's quick.  He loves to roll a ball around the living/dining room and crawl after it.  It tickles him to death, and is the cutest thing ever....that is, until it winds up underneath the table and he can't escape.  He also loves to push his car, truck and tractor around.  Anything with wheels is a crowd favorite.


We're really starting to see his cute little personality.  He's happy, and smiley, but can also throw a mean fit. He can flirt with his pretty blue eyes and shiny white teeth (all 6, and counting, of them), but take something from him and game over.  No more flirting.


Speaking of teeth, he's also got chewing down pat.  I'm one proud momma.  He loves anything I give him that he can use those chompers to eat.  I think we're going to have a good eater.  He especially loves bananas and grapes, and chicken.

Chams' mom (Gammy) gave him a sweet bear, Boris, while he was at Children's, and he's really grown to love him.  Chams, jr. can give him kisses, a hug, and can also point to his nose.  Smart boy.  He gives us kisses too (mouth wide open), but not on command. He has to be feeling the love.


Chams, jr. is one sweet boy.  I couldn't have ever imagined that my heart could feel so much love.  He's one precious little boy, and growing up oh so fast.  Here's to cherishing every moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment