1.16.2012

better late...

With prego brain, a packed calendar, and distractions left and right, it's no shocker I'm just now back to share our Christmas festivities.  Well, better late than never, right?  

Chams and I headed to Athens for Christmas.  It was so nice to be there for the holiday weekend.  We got to relax with Bon and Steve taking care of us and filling our belly.  There's really nothing better.


On Christmas Eve night, Bon's family came over for the traditional Dirty Christmas festivities.  It was huge fun as always, and so good to all be together. 




The boys steal tools from each other, the women open and keep their own presents (for the most part), Uncle T hands out the yearly calendar, and the kiddos are happy just playing around the mayhem.  It's such a wonderful time...

Christmas morning came around and as always, Santa had made a run through the Downs house.

Bon was the recipient of a beautiful handmade "Athens Golden Eagle" scarf knitted by none other than my brew.  His talents are amazing...


Chams was very good and received a duck strap...or word that he would be getting a duck strap.  Unfortunately, he's still waiting on it to arrive...


And I got a huge wrapped box filled with bricks and "The Help".  Exactly what I wanted (the movie...the bricks are just a plus)!


Chams and I also gave each other a swanky new camera...just in time for Chams, Jr. to arrive.  Hopefully this also means an increase in pictures and picture quality as a whole.

To round out the festivities, Pop's family came over for a little Cajun Christmas celebration.  Chams and Bon worked on the delicious gumbo.  Bon officially now knows how to make a roux, and was a trooper hanging in there with all the stirring!


It was a great Christmas...


It's kind of surreal that next year, we'll have two new little additions to enjoy it with!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment