Chams helped with a cooking team for the tornado victims out in Pratt City last week. I decided to head out a little early from work to help with the dinner crowd. Once all of the delicious spaghetti was boxed up, we were lucky enough to get to pass some of it out. We drove around to some of the outlying streets from where the severe damage was.
Chams went to one house where a sweet lady greeted him and said "I was praying y'all would come". Everyone was so thankful and appreciative. It was such a blessing to help people in need.
Above was the boundary to the severe damage. The National Guard were keeping strict tabs on who passed through, but from what we could see, it was just devistating.
Before we left, we took a quick tour of the school where people could go to get clothing and supplies. The rooms were packed full of everything from clothes to baby formula. It was so amazing to see the outpouring of love and generosity for the people there.
This past weekend was Chams' 10 year high school reunion. We made the trip down to his Alma Mater for a tour of the school and some time at the park to see his old classmates. One classmate really stood out...
Roman Harper! He played at Alabama while we were there, and now plays for the New Orleans Saints. Talk about nice. I couldn't get over how genuine and friendly he was. I truly felt like I had met a celebrity!
We had a wonderful time. It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since we graduated high school! Where does the time go?!?






No comments:
Post a Comment