One of the many compromises of marriage is splitting up holidays between families. For us, we have to switch between Thanksgiving and Christmas since our families live in completely different states. For our first year of wedded bliss, we had Thanksgiving in Athens with my family, and we'll go to Indiana for Christmas with the Chamblesses (which I'm so excited about!).
Chams and Matthew
To celebrate Christmas with my family this year, they came to the Chambless Ranch for brunch and presents this past weekend. The little tree was overwhelmed by all the presents!
Dad always has a Christmas wish list (Super Chikan) and is a breeze to buy for...but Mom is impossible to buy for. She never really asks for anything. This year, Sarah came up with a grand idea and let Chams and I participate in it.
It was a picture book of her family...which was extremely special because of the loss of Pap-paw last December, and the loss of Mam-maw this past summer.
She was so surprised, and touched. Great job (and idea) Sarah!!
Sarah was especially good this year, and got a much wanted charcoal quilt and shams for her guest bed! It's something she had been watching for months, and mom and I happened to order it just before it went out of stock. Another great surprise!!
Surprises galore...Chams got his back seat floor liner for his truck! Before we knew it, he was outside installing it!!
Chams also was thrilled to model some new digs...
New work-out shorts and a great new button up shirt!
And the Downs Christmas wouldn't be the same without a silly gift from the brew (Matthew).
How could you not just love these drinking-straw glasses?!?
To celebrate with the entire Downs family, my Unc, Aunt D, and all their kiddos came to the ranch for some yummy ziti. Then we all caravanned here...
We all watched "White Christmas" and had such a wonderful time together.
Leah Beth "LB" and me
LB, Aunt D, Daylee "Dink", Jess and Unc
I think going to the Alabama Theater should be a Christmas, family tradition. I have to say though, hopefully next year we can make it to a different showing. Who knew "White Christmas" was so long?? I snoozed during at least 15 minutes of it!!! It was such a great movie though!!!
I don't mind switching between holidays at all...in fact, it's nice to get to spend quality time with each family for an entire holiday! It was such a treat to celebrate Christmas with my family, and the entire Downs family, a little early at the ranch this year! I'm already looking forward to doing it again in two years!!!
Happy Christmas, everyone! I hope this Christmas season is filled with love, joy and blessings galore!!


You guys are too cute!!!! Merry Christmas to such a special girl! I'm blessed to call you my friend. Praying for safe travels!
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the Alabama Theater idea! :)
Happy First Christmas to such a precious couple! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time.
ReplyDelete